FHA/VA Foundation

For a VA or FHA-Insured Loan on a Manufactured home (which includes Reverse Mortgages or Home Equity Conversion loans), the opinion of a professional engineer certifying that the foundation meets the guidlines set forth in the HUD PERMANENT FOUNDATION GUIDE FOR MANUFACTURED HOUSING, HANDBOOK 7584, dated September 1996 is required.

If an existing home is already on a foundation, an engineer can provide a certification attesting to the fact that the home meets the guidelines. If it does not meet the HUD guidelines, there are a variety of approved engineered foundation systems that can be retrofitted in combination with the existing structural components.

Manufactured Housing Specialists can provide both the necessary foundation retrofit including building permit, form HCD433A and the Engineer Certification.

Manufactured Housing Specialists

CA Contractor License C47 No.944094